Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Spring*

Well, good day to you!  It is Spring, not official equinox Spring, but a Spring of soul, mind, body, and well, weather.  I haven't seen or heard any Canada geese returning home yet, but I am sure they must be thinking about heading this way soon enough.  There is a festival of fun happening outside the window where I type, as people are walking their dogs and jogging their little winter buns off.  Most heart-tugging of all is a Mom playing with her two little sons, placing one up on the low branches of a tree for (seemingly) the first time in their lives.  Oh, and the youngest one is on a little red wagon, of course (but he was just usurped by his big brother).

In any case, Spring means Spring cleaning, and I have been tidying my sewing studio like it is everyone's business!  I have friends and acquaintances coming over to explore the world of Sugarbum.  Some are past models turned PhD's (for real), and some I have just met but adore. 
Model-turned-PhD on the right, and myself wearing Sugarbum on the left.

So, I have begun the Spring clean of my Sugarbum studio.  Winter fabrics into their own compartments and Spring fabrics have come to breathe new life into the new Sugarbum creations.  It would be Amazing if one day my studio could come to resemble this, but with more delicious garments:
I saw an interview with Karl Lagerfeld once and his home was this streamlined and clean.

Clean is definitely the theme of the day.  I even went to visit the accountant today so that I could brush up on my book-keeping skills.  Now that is taking it to the next level.

Love and Light and Fun in the Sun,

XOXOXOXO

Ashley and Sugarbum.*

No comments:

Post a Comment