Monday, April 5, 2010

Couldn't resist in Montreal*

I want to tell you something Amazing and Wonderful.  I want to tell you all about how electric and fun Montreal was this past weekend.  It was incredible.   I live in a government city in Canada (hmmm what could that be) where fashion is not quite dead, just muted to almost painful extremes (sorry to sound dramatic but that's the way it feels to me sometimes).  People have dimmed their lights so much, it is perfectly tangible after a fabulous trip to the raucous and rolling city of Montreal.  I felt like I was flipping through the pages of the Sartorialist when I was sitting on Prince-Arthur in all it's cobble-stoned glory after visiting the fun U&I boutique on Saint-Laurent, Saturday evening.  Oh it was just so much fun.  In lieu of consuming beer, as is often characteristic of my companions, I was consuming the eye-candy, tasting the flavours of our new-found summer (and just 2 weeks after Spring began!).  It was delicious.  I returned back to my government city (where some of my most favourite people live, I should add), with sparkle, flash and light... as well a a big heaping Betsey Johnson bag full of fun and inspiration.

I have started designing for my next show, which will be taking place at the end of May.  I have also begun scribbling a list of my inspirations for the next show which include:
capped epaulettes
jersey fabrics
the colour peach, in a watered down form
texture (playing with light)
And of course: fun fun fun

Part of the reason I am placing an extra emphasis on FUN is that:
Okay, is it just me or have you also noticed that much of the spreads in fashion magazines are kinda dismal and lacking a wonderful lustre and light within?  I went into a magazine store that is typically Amazing and I looked at so many magazines, but I was unable to find something yummy and fabulous (I apologize for saying this).  I LOVE magazines, pouring through them, being inspired by them and I, quite simply, have not found a true beauty within them as of late.  If you have any ideas of what magazines a Sugarbum like myself might adore, please let me know.  I have found Boho (an eco-chic magazine) and Lulu to be the most enlightening recently.

With LOVE,

XOXOXOXOXO

Ashley and Sugarbum.*

No comments:

Post a Comment